Natural Shaving Soap
So you have a good quality razor. Now all you need is some natural shaving soap to complete your shaving routine. This bar is safe to use on your face, body, and in your hair, so it’s a multi-purpose solid bar of goodness!
What’s in it?
Our shaving soap has been formulated with patchouli, lavender, and cedarwood. Patchouli is said to be a natural antiseptic with the benefit of protecting wounds, and has been known to help in the treatment of some skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis.
Cedarwood oil is often found in aftershave, perhaps due to the fact it’s known to have anti-inflammatory and anti-septic qualities. It’s also said to fight fungal infections, and help treat acne.
Finally, lavender is naturally anti-itch, anti-bacterial, anti-anxiety, and anti-fungal in nature. Therefore, the 3 essential oils in this recipe are a pretty fabulous combination for your skin.
This bar also contains neem oil as part of the base recipe.
Neem oil has been used for thousands of years for it’s medicinal properties. It’s widely used in the garden, as an insect repellent, in medicine, and in skin care. Neem oil is anti-microbial, and works by removing bacteria from the surface of the skin. Therefore, it helps in the treatment and prevention of acne as there’s no bacteria sitting on the skin’s surface. Neem is also said to prevent and treat scars, whilst reducing redness and inflammation.
Why should you try it?
- It has an unusual smell, though not unpleasant (At least I don’t think so!). Contains no artificial ingredients/scents
- You can use the same bar on your face, body, and hair, so no need to buy separate products
- This is about as natural as you can get
- These bars are handmade, and tested on myself and my family (My kids don’t mind the smell at all)
- Easy to use
- The full list of ingredients is shown, so you know what you’re putting on your skin
Ingredients (Once saponified): Olive oil, coconut oil, neem oil, castor oil, shea butter, patchouli, lavender and cedarwood oils