I’m sure many people, on hearing the word ‘hemp’, think of wacky backy/marijuana…or any of the other colloquial names for the beautiful green leafed plant. Hemp seed oil does in fact come from the tall varieties of the cannabis plant. However, it does not contain the psychoactive compound called THC. Hemp seed oil and marijuana are two very different things!
Why? Why would you put hemp in soap?!
Excellent question. Well, you need some form of oil or fat to make soap. This just happens to be a very beneficial one. Hemp seed oil is said to do the following:
- Possesses powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Aids in the healing of skin conditions
- Deeply moisturises without making skin feel greasy
- Has a light consistency, and is said to be helpful for acne-prone skin
- Helps to soothe and calm irritated skin
- The fatty acid profile of hemp seed oil mimics that of our own skin, making it great for all skin types
- Finally, it’s a great conversation starter! You won’t find hemp soap in the supermarket…
Ok, so what else is in this Hemp Soap?
This bar also contains sweet almond oil, coconut oil, shea butter, and apricot kernal oil. It has good cleansing properties, and is very conditioning.
It contains no added colour, and only a small amount of essential oils.
This hemp soap contains no THC, and as such won’t send you loopey! Although, it may make your skin feel lovely, clean, and moisturised, and surely that’s a great thing.
However, we can go one better than hemp soap. How about hemp soap & a soap saver bag?!
What is the soap saver bag for?
This wee bag is the ultimate in zero waste bathroom products! It’s useful for a few reasons:
- Use this to store small bits of leftover soap. Save them up until the bag is full
- Once full, use this bag of soap offcuts as you would any bar of soap. Zero waste!
- Exfoliation. You can also simply put a whole bar of soap in this bag and use it in place of a face cloth or body sponge. It’s an excellent exfoliator
- Hang it up in between uses so it can dry out a bit
What is the soap saver bag made from?
These bags are made from either sisal (the botanical name Agave sisalana, is a species of flowering plant native to southern Mexico), or ramie (a linen-like fibre made from nettles and which is classified as a cellulose fiber, just like cotton, linen and rayon).
Hemp Soap Ingredients: Water, Sweet almond oil, coconut oil, shea butter, hemp oil, apricot kernal oil, lye, essential oils.