⬡ Simple Ingredients ⬡
⬡ Plastic Free Packaging ⬡
⬡ Zero Waste Products ⬡
Denttabs – Toothpaste Tablets
Denttabs are amazing tooth tablets that have simple, organic ingredients that polish the teeth instead of abraise the surface. A polished, smooth mouth is less likely to harbour germs.
These organic tablets are FREE of bleach, builders, and preservatives. They not only provide a better clean for the teeth’s surface, but also ease sensitivity in teeth by polishing and smoothing the surface. Get the look and feel of a professional clean each morning and night with just your brush at home.
These package-free toothpaste tablets are available in flouride or non-flouride variety, with a natural menthol flavour. If the menthol is too strong, you can leave them in the open air to lessen the intensity.
Natural Shampoo Bar (All hair types)
Would you like to be more environmentally friendly? Reduce the amount of chemicals you’re using on your body? Try something new? Well, our shampoo bars may be for you!
Made using only ingredients you can pronounce, these bars are gentle on your scalp. They clean your hair without detergent, sodium laurel sufate (SLS), or any other nasty chemicals.
You’ll notice these bars lather really well; as well as other shampoo, and without the potentially harmful chemicals you will find in commercial shampoos. You’ll still get lovely clean hair, though it may take a while to adjust. It takes between one and six weeks for your hair to stop ‘freaking out’ so to speak. Stick with it! It will adjust.
In the meantime, maybe try an acid rinse. Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with around 250mls of water. Once you’ve washed and rinsed your hair, tip this solution over you head, and leave for 1-2 minutes. Do this maybe twice a week for the first couple of weeks, then less as time goes on. This will prevent any build up of soap, and leave your hair shiny. This should also deter dandruff if this is an issue for you.
Shampoo bar ingredients: Olive oil, distilled water, coconut oil, mango butter, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, essential/fragrance oils.
Lasts for approximately 35 washes
Activated Charcoal Acne Face Soap
A mild soap particularly useful for acne prone skin.
Activated charcoal – Attracts toxins like a magnet!
Sea salt – Purifying, draws out nasties
Bentonite clay – Cleanses, unclogs pores, softens skin
Ingredients: Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, sodium hydroxide, water, activated charcoal, sea salt, bentonite clay, essential oils of lavender, tea-tree, peppermint, and rosemary
Natural Nourish Soap Range
Soap bars are back in fashion!
How do you care for and nourish your skin? Do you know what’s in the body wash/soap you’re currently using?
These days it seems there are unnecessary chemicals everywhere, especially in skincare. However, you can change that right now.
Palm oil free
Our Nourish range of soap contains coconut oil, shea butter, sweet almond oil, apricot kernal oil, and vitamin e. This is a delicious, nourishing combo for your skin! Furthermore, we do not use palm oil in any of our products.
Ingredients: Coconut oil, shea butter, sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, water, sodium hydroxide, essential/fragrance oils, vitamin e, mineral mica.
Natural Lip Balm Stick
Natural Lip Balm
Lip balm! But not as you know it. This natural lip balm comes in a cardboard tube which is compostable at the end of its life. No plastic in sight!
These are the perfect size to stash in your bag.
Why Buy It?
- It’s about as natural as you can get.
- There are only 4 ingredients, and you can pronounce them all. No chemical nasties here.
- It’s portable and easy to use. Just push up from the bottom.
- It comes in a cardboard tube! Win for the environment!
Solid Conditioning Bar
***The vanilla bar will discolour to brown with use. This is the effect vanilla has in solid bars and does not affect the function of the bar***
Solid Conditioning Bars Are Here!
This product is one many of you have asked about for a couple of years now. Finally it’s here!
It’s basically like the conditioner we’ve traditionally bought in bottles, but in solid form, and with fewer ingredients.
How Do I Use It?
These conditioning bars are pretty easy to use. I’ve made them a square shape so you can easily differentiate them from the shampoo bars. They’re also a handy size to hold in your hand.
- Wet your hair
- Shampoo as normal (Or not, if you don’t need to do this as frequently)
- Hold the conditioning bar in your hand and glide it through your hair between 3-6 times. This is obviously different for everyone. Trial and error will help you figure out how many strokes work best for you.
- Root to tip? I have a shorter hair style. Therefore, I glide it from root to tip. However, if your hair is longer, try conditioning the ends only and see how that works for you.
Soap Saver Bag
Soap Saver Bag
Do you use bar soap or solid shampoo bars? Then you need a soap saver bag!
Why Do I Need A Soap Saver Bag?
This particular soap bag is very useful. Why?
- Use it to keep a full bar of soap in. Simply place the bar in the bag, use it to wash your body, then hang it up to dry. It helps keep your soap from going mushy and allows it to dry out between uses.
- Soap scraps now have somewhere to go! If you’re like me, then you try to stick little pieces of soap to the next bar. Well this is a problem no more. Simply place all of your soap scraps in this bag, wait until it’s full, then voila! A new bag of soap to wash with.
- Exfoliation. This bag is perfect for helping rid your body of dry skin. Simply place your soap inside and use this bag to scrub your body. It’ll help eliminate dead skin and leave your skin feeling smooth.
- Hang them anywhere there’s a tap! We have these in our bathrooms and laundry. Super handy to keep soap in.
Natural Castile Soap
Natural Castile Soap
Our Castile Coconut Soap is based on the traditional Spanish recipe for Castile Soap. What this means is that it’s as simple as soap gets. It contains as few as 3 ingredients; distilled water, sodium hydroxide, and olive oil. That’s it!
With this in mind, Castile Soap is not designed to produce a lot of lather, so the ‘bubbliness’ of this soap is still less than the store bought soap you would otherwise find.
What Is In This Castile Soap?
This soap contains very few ingredients, and therefore is very mild. As a result, my clients have told me they use this on their face, body, babies, sensitive skin, and even their dogs!
Castile Soap is traditionally much softer than other soaps, but will actually harden over time, making it last longer. Therefore, if you take care to store it properly, it’ll last well. Whilst some of the scent may dissipate over time, the soap is totally safe to use, and can sit there for years. Have a read of the blog post I wrote on Soap Storage to give you some more background on this.
Natural Head Lice Spray
Natural Head Lice Spray
Head Lice are the enemy of parents everywhere. Help to prevent and treat them with this natural head lice spray. If you’re sick of using commercial treatments that may or may not be effective, how about trying this spray instead?
How Does It Work?
The spray is very handy for kids who hate their hair being combed, brushed, or generally messed with in some way! Head Lice dislike strong smells. Simply using this spray helps to hide the ‘human’ smell, thereby deterring head lice. Win!
Zero waste dishes!
This is possible with Totally Balmy’s dish soap and Bento Ninja’s soap swish. No more plastic bottles.
How do you use it?
Simply put the bar of soap into hot water and shake. It works better if you do this under running water. It works best when you use the soap shaker.
Body Balm Set
Introducing Totally Balmy’s Body Balm Set!
Are you unsure which balm is right for your skin? Or, do you love all 3 and want them in a travel size? This could be the perfect set for you!
What is in the set?
- Hemp Balm – Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, aids in the healing of skin conditions, said to be helpful for acne-prone skin, helps to soothe and calm irritated skin, the fatty acid profile of hemp seed oil mimics that of our own skin, making it great for all skin types.
- Chocalicious Balm – An all over body balm, though most typically used by Totally Balmy followers as a baby bottom balm. However, clients have told me this helps with relief from dry hands, feet, lips, and eczema. It can also be used for massaging.
- Sweet Sensation Balm – A very versatile baby balm, originally made for babies bottoms during nappy changes. However my clients also use it for all sorts of things including massage, makeup removal, relief from skin conditions such as eczema or dermatitis (Not a cure though), moisturising dry skin, conditioning hair ends, to help prevent and/or heal razor burn.
Para’Kito Refillable Mosquito Bracelet
Refillable mosquito bracelet – perfect for summer!
Keep the mozzies at bay with one of these cool, natural mosquito repellant bands.
Fun, stylish protection for every occasion.
Worn around the wrist or ankle, this cool and comfy neoprene refillable mosquito bracelet comes with two pellets of our proprietary essential oil formula. Easy-to-adjust Velcro fittings work for both kids and grown ups and a wide range of colours and patterns let you blend safety with style. Whether strolling through a forest or snoozing on a sunbed, you and your refillable band will soon be the best of friends. And, if you can’t bear to be apart, pop it by your bed at night.
- Up to 15 days diffusion per Refill Pellet
- Pellet made in France – Patented diffusion
- Works all day, all zones, all environments. It’s even waterproof!
- For the whole family – Adjustable Band
- Highly portable – wear it on your wrist or ankle
- Breakthrough technology
- Kids band for kids 3-7 years old
Soap Saver Bag & Soap Set
The Perfect Wee Gift
Are you looking for something a little different for a gift? Something handmade? Or even plastic free? Totally Balmy has the answer; a soap saver bag & soap set! This set contains a gorgeous handmade 100% cotton soap bag, and a bar of soap from our Castile or Nourish range.
Organic Argan Oil
High in both omega 6 and 9, argan oil is amazing. So magical and revered that the trees this nut is derived from are part of the argan forest designated by UNESCO as a biosphere reserve in 1998.
What is argan oil exactly?
Endemic to south western Morocco and a small section of western Algeria, this tree produces a nut from which we get argan oil.
The tree is so endearing that goats climb the trees to eat the fruit. If you’re squeamish prepare yourself for this next part! The goats eat the whole fruit, despite the fact they cannot digest the nut. Therefore, the nut passes through the digestive tract of the goat. Once excreted, the nuts are gathered from the goat droppings, and cracked open to expose the seeds inside.
Once the seeds (From 1-3 seeds per nut) are extracted from the nut, they are roasted, ground, and cold pressed to produce argan oil. THIS may be why it’s such an expensive oil. Imagine being the person tasked with retrieving the nuts?! It’s also one of the most sought after culinary and cosmetic liquids in the world.
Jojoba Oil is here!
Jojoba oil is simple, effective, and affordable. Here at Totally Balmy we use jojoba oil in our house for both face and hair.
What is it good for?
Jojoba oil has a molecular composition very similar to the sebum your body produces naturally. And whilst it’s called an ‘oil’, it’s actually something called a wax ester. Therefore:
- It deeply conditions your hair as it mimics your skins’ natural oils
- Jojoba oil is light and easily absorbed into the skin
- It’s soothing and non-greasy
- Helps control sebum production by reducing oiliness
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Jojoba oil is odourless, so is inoffensive
- Acts as a light lip balm
- Helps relieve itchiness and dryness
Natural Conditioning Spray
Natural Conditioning Spray
I’m going to make a broad sweeping generalization and say that most children dislike having their hair washed, combed, or brushed. So, what do you do? They don’t like sitting still for long either I hear you say. Don’t worry, I’m with you!
Spray and Leave
I’ve been trying this on the smallest member of the Balmy tribe (As she has the longest hair). After a couple of months, I can now call this a huge success! She even calls it ‘My special spray’. It probably helps that I added vanilla oil, and she happens to love that smell.
As she’s only 5 she needs me to spray it in for her. So all I do is lift her hair a bit and spray 3 sprays sporadically around her head, then leave it on for 5 minutes before combing. Job done.
Reusable Shopping Bag
The Reusable Shopping Bag
Perfect for your pocket, handbag, or car. If you keep a few of these and store them in various locations, you’ll always be prepared for carrying your worldly goods in style.
These may not be plastic free as such. However, they’re reusable, so it’s not all bad right?
Why do you need one of these in your life?
- They’re compact, so don’t take up valuable real estate in your bag!
- Funky designs
Dr Tung’s Tongue Cleaner
Yes! You clean your hair, face, body, and teeth. Why not your tongue?
Have you noticed a white film on your tongue? Get sick a lot? Never feel like your mouth is totally clean? Then why not give this a go.
Reasons why you should try it
- Your Breath’s Friend
- Dentist Recommended
- Stainless Steel
- Lasts for Years!
- Bonus! Travel Pouch
- Removes Bacteria
- Freshens Breath
Fresh Mint & Mild Mint Toothpaste – Fluoride Free – 25g
Fresh Mint & Mild Mint Fluoride Free Toothpaste – Travel Size – 25g
The Original toothpaste with many a loyal follower, Grants Mild Mint Fluoride Free Toothpaste is guaranteed to be a winner with the whole family. The flavour may be mild, but the benefits are extraordinary. Packed full of healing ingredients like organic Aloe Vera, which soothes teeth and gums, and natural herbs for gentle oral care and fresh breath, it’s ideal for those with sensitive gums or mouth ulcers.
Fresher than a morning breeze- Grants Fresh Mint Fluoride Free Toothpaste is second to none. Tea tree oil works its magic, helping reduce bacteria and inflammation caused by gingivitis, while mint oil gives the toothpaste that extra minty hit. Perfect for those who love that cool mint flavour and want fresh breath all day long.
CERTIFIED VEGAN, PROUDLY AUSTRALIAN MADE & OWNED
Canstar Blue’s Most Satisfied Customer’s – Toothpaste 2020
Foldable Rectangular Peg Hanger – 36 Pegs
Drying clothes indoors just became easier
This foldable rectangular peg hanger is great for getting washing dry indoors, or in outdoor areas.
We love it because:
- It’s portable
- Easy to store – just fold and store in the garage/laundry cupboard
- Strong and sturdy
- Can be used in both inside and outside areas
- It’s made with rust resistant stainless steel 304
What are the dimensions?
Open: 62cms x 35cms
Peg size: 60mm in length x 2mm wire thickness (The same as Bento Ninja’s tough pegs)
Maximum weight bearing is 2kg
Indoors or outdoors?
This peg hanger can be used both indoor and outdoor, as it’s rust resistant. However, we don’t recommend you leave it outside (Especially if you live by the sea, or in a high sulphur area).
When you’ve finished with it, give it a wipe down and store it inside.
Carry Pouch – For your spork, chopsticks, & some straws
The perfect zero waste carry pouch
This Bento Ninja carry pouch is perfect for carrying your Bento Ninja goodies!
What will fit in here?
- Folding spoon
- Chopsticks (Check the size, especially if they’re not Bento Ninja ones)
- Straws (Check the size first, our curved straws fit nicely in here)
- Even your own set of cutlery
What size is it?
This carry pouch is 20cms long and 5cms wide. It will fit easily into your backpack, car, or handbag.
Oasis 2-in-1 Luxury Cream Cleanser & Face Mask
A cream cleanser & face mask in 1
Recommended for: dry skin, dehydrated skin, photo-aged skin, sun damaged skin, sensitive skin
Here’s what Oasis say about this product:
This luxuriously creamy cleanser will remove all makeup, sunscreen build up and even dissolve that stubborn water resistant mascara. And it’s a multi-tasker too, leave it on and it acts as a nourishing and deep cleansing face mask. You’ll be left with soft, smooth and glowing skin. What’s not to love?
- Formulated for daily use
- Removes sunscreen build up and heavy makeup including water resistant mascara
- Sweet almond, shea butter and calendula relieve itching, inflammation and dryness
- Chamomile soothes sensitive skin so no stinging, tightness or redness after use
- Clay provides a gentle purifying face mask
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Perfect for dry and normal/combination skin types
- Suitable for vegans
- Free from parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sulphates and nano-particles
Powerful and healthy ingredients work hard but are always gentle on sensitive skin. Shea butter with essential fatty acids, sweet almond and calendula all help to relieve itching and dryness. Whilst chamomile provides a soothing action – so no stinging, tightness or redness. Just great feeling skin.
Cleansing is a key step for healthy skin. We recommend using this gorgeously, creamy cleanser on a daily basis. Then when you have a little more time, treat yourself and leave it on to act as a purifying face mask.
Oasis Fruit Smoothie 3-in-1 Exfoliating Face Mask & Scrub
A face mask & scrub in 1
Here’s what Oasis have to say about this product:
Powerful but gentle 3-in-1 action to remove sunscreen build-up and instantly reveal smooth glowing skin. How does it work? Jojoba beads provide a gentle, physical exfoliation to polish away rough and dull skin while papaya, pineapple and pink grapefruit enzymes work to brighten the skin. While all this is happening, natural clays are removing impurities and refining pores.
The combination of potent natural ingredients are combined in this product to remove sunscreen build-up, buff away dull skin and refine pores – leaving your skin visibly smoother and brighter. And this cleansing and exfoliating action provides the perfect set up for serums and treatment products.
1 of the 3 secrets of success with Fruit Smoothie is pineapple, papaya and pink grapefruit. Together they provide an enzymatic action that instantly brightens the skin. And, if you leave Fruit Smoothie to set as a face mask, the pink clay will draw out any impurities, giving your skin a gentle but purifying deep cleanse.
Then there are the natural jojoba beads that give Fruit Smoothie it’s grainy texture and act as fine (micro-bead free) exfoliating granules. They are the absolute best for gently buffing away all that dull skin, lumps, bumps and dry bits and revealing the smooth, fresh glow beneath.
Fruit Smoothie 3-in-1 Enzyme Exfoliating Face Mask & Scrub:
- Includes active natural fruit enzymes of pineapple, papaya and pink grapefruit to visibly brighten the skin
- Refines the appearance of large pores and buffs away dead skin cells for instantly smooth skin (just read the customer reviews)
- Contains natural pink and white clays to deep cleanse congested and dull skin
- Prepares the skin for the better absorption of serums and treatment products
- Can be used to exfoliate hands and also absolutely suitable for the lips
- Formulated for all sensitive skin types including dry, combination, oily, ageing and acne
Skin repair in a tube
Here’s what Oasis say about their Rhino Repair cream:
Rhino Repair is a powerful, natural healing cream that can be used for a wide-range of skin conditions. From dry, itchy skin to sunburn, nappy rash to bites – Rhino Repair’s gentle but potent formula can soothe and help repair them all. No bathroom cabinet should be without it.
Trusted for over 10 years in New Zealand, Rhino Repair is made using a powerhouse of 12 awesome, natural ingredients. They are New Zealand honey, neem, vitamin E, echinacea, aloe vera, castor oil, calendula, rosemary, chamomile, lavender and rosehip.
Rhino Repair is so gentle that you can you use it from top to toe, even around the eyes and all the places in-between. It’s suitable for all the family – young and old, pregnant women, babies and geriatrics.
Rhino Repair is a proud supporter of the New Zealand Eczema Association.
- Helps to relieve dry, itchy or flaky skin conditions (including the eye area)
- Repairs dry chapped skin
- Calms and moisturise skin after shaving or waxing
- Is an amazingly nourishing facial cream for dry skin
- Helps prevent baby nappy rash and dribble rash
- Takes the sting out of sunburn and itchy bites
- Use on face, body and eye area.
- Try it as an intensive hair conditioning treatment
- Is suitable for pregnant women, babies and children
Organic Aloe Vera & Cucumber Skin Healing Gel
Skin soothing aloe vera & cucumber gel
Here’s what Oasis have to say about this product:
This versatile 100% natural product is packed full of powerful but gentle, natural ingredients to soothe troubled skin. Organic aloe vera soothes and aids in healing, whilst cucumber extract offers instant cooling relief and chlorophyll helps to combat blemishes with its natural detox process.
Organic Aloe Vera & Cucumber Skin Healing Gel makes a great after sun for those days when you’ve been caught out by the sun. But you can also use it for insect bites, grazes, rashes, acne, minor burns and wounds, redness and itching. The gentle ingredients mean it’s safe to use during pregnancy; on babies and children and for those with sensitive skin. And there are no ‘nasties’ like parabens; fragrance; silicone or alcohol. In fact, we are proud to say that this product is 100% natural.
With powerful, gentle plant extracts this is the perfect ‘go to’ remedy in your bathroom cabinet.
Organic Aloe Vera & Cucumber Soothing Gel:
- Organic aloe vera assists in healing and soothing irritated skin
- Cucumber extract offers instant cooling relief
- Chlorophyll for blemish control
- Perfect after treatment care for laser treatment and micro needling
- Gentle, natural ingredients suitable for all ages and skin types
- Easily absorbable and non-sticky
- No parabens; fragrance or silicones. 100% natural formula!
- Vegan friendly and cruelty free
Oasis Sun Dry-Feel Sport Sunscreen SPF40
Want a water resistant sunscreen? This is the one.
Here’s what they say about their product on the Oasis website:
PASSED WITH FLYING COLOURS BY CONSUMER NZ IN THEIR 2019 SUNSCREEN REPORT
Oasis Sun SPF 40 Sport is a superior, water and sweat-resistant reef safe sunscreen. The latest generation ingredients offer the most completely photo-stable sun protection available on the market today, with an extremely low allergy risk.
We designed it using the harsh sunlight and UV conditions of New Zealand as a testing ground. Then we took it to an independent laboratory to ensure it meets the latest sunscreen standards giving you full confidence that this product does what it says!
So, Oasis Sun SPF 40 Sport does a tough job but we’ve kept the ingredients as gentle as possible and made sure it’s also kind to your skin. In fact, we’ve formulated this sunscreen specifically for sensitive skin.
Oasis Sun SPF 40 Sport:
- Water and sweat resistant for up to 2 hours
- Dry-touch feel
- Suitable for sensitive skin with a low allergy risk
- Free of fragrance, colouring, parabens, phthalates and sulphates
- Vegan friendly
- Completely photo-stable and no estrogenic activity
- Broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
- Perfect 100ml travel size. Approved for carry-on luggage
- Reef safe
- Tested in 2016 in Australia against AS/NZ Standard 2604:2012 and rated SPF 41 and water resistant for 2 hours (full 10-subject study test)
- Tested in 2016 in Australia against ISO 24442 and rated UVAPF 21 which equates to PA++++ (full 10-subject study test). This is the highest UVA protection rating achievable. This product is currently undergoing re-testing as per our 2-yearly testing policy.