Castile soap used to be thought of as a rich person’s soap. Originating in Spain, explorers and travellers brought it back home to France and England where it quickly became a favourite of royalty and the wealthy. Made with extra virgin olive oil, of which Spain had in abundance, Castile soap had its main ingredient quickly replaced for animal fats, which was what the European soap makers already used. It was quickly discovered that this was not the best ingredient to use instead of olive oil, so vegetable oil was used instead, and the quality of the soap was improved. Our handmade Castile soap not only contains olive oil, but coconut oil as well. This gives a slightly better lathering ability. We may be biased, but we think it is the best in the country!
What Are the Benefits of Using Castile Soap?
There are plenty of reasons why you and your family should try using Castile soap. They include:
- Safe for sensitive skin and eczema sufferers
- Environmentally friendly
- It’s an effective skin cleanser
- Versatile as can be used for cleaning around the home
- Ideal for people with allergies
- Can be used for babies and pets
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Uses of Castile Soap
Well, I hope you’ve got a pen handy because I have a huge list when it comes to the use of this most versatile soap! You can use Castile soap for:
- Washing dishes – stop using chemical washing liquids. Instead wash the dishes with this soap and then rinse with white vinegar to remove any residue if required.
- Pet shampoo – grab the dog and your soap bar, it’s time for a bath! Wet your dog and then rub the bar over their fur, then rinse.
- Car cleaner – obviously you’re going to want a separate bar from the one you use in the shower! Wet your car, soap and rinse.
- Reusable wipes – cut some cloth wipes out of old towels or clothes, wet and rub a small piece of soap onto each wipe. Store in a sealed plastic bag to keep them damp.
Where Can I Buy Castile Soap?
You’ve come to the right place! I handmade the most amazing Castile soap using olive oil and coconut oil. It’s so good for your skin and incredibly mild. Visit my online soap store now to order yourself a bar or two. You can choose from pure castile (Unscented, uncoloured, just $6/bar) or natural castile (Scented with essential oils or fragrance oils, $9/bar, or 3 for $24!)